Great news! The Stitch, please. T-shirt design has been revamped, and sales are now live! You only have until June 26th to order. Delivery is supposed to start July 7, so hopefully, you’ll get yours before our next meeting!
This is just a reminder that we will not have a general meeting in December, since we have our Holiday party!
Have a fantastic holiday season, and a safe and Happy New Year! See you on January 13, 2019!
We will be playing a fun game at the holiday party! You can win A BAJILLION Fat Quarters. It’s really easy, and TRUST ME. You want to play.
To play, all you have to do is bring two sets of Fat Quarters (Quilt store quality, please).
3 Fat Quarters that are low volume (read as one color, most of the time white or cream)
3 Fat Quarters that are modern fabrics of your choosing.
The game is really easy and everyone will be able to play, so don’t miss out!
Check out our latest newsletter:
Our next meeting is this weekend! Are you ready!?
Bring your scraps and we’ll have an exchange!
Annual Holiday Mini Quilt Swap
December 2, 2018
Highland Hills Winery
How the Swap works –
Everyone who would like to participate must compete the information sheet below and
give/send it to Sue. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
These forms will be divided between all members who submitted one. Please keep the
recipient of your quilt a secret until the big reveal at our party.
Guidelines for finished Quilt
* Maximum Size 24” x 24”
* Can be square, rectangle or rounded edges
* Must be quilted and bound
* Please add a sleeve and label
*Please only use Quilt Store quality fabrics
What is your favorite color?
What is your least favorite color?
What fabric lines do like?
What fabric lines do you not like?
Deadline for submission- October 17, 2018 (Tuesday at midnight!)
Hi all! Here’s a reminder about the supplies for Saturday’s class (we still have spots!)
Pedal and Power cord
6” x 12” or 4” x 14” Ruler
Patterns are available for purchase at Quilt in a Day. Every student will need to have their own copy.
For those of you making the Call Me Crazy quilt, a 6 1/2” square ruler will be helpful.
Quilt in a Day has ordered the patterns for the Weeks Ringle class on October 13.
Call me Crazy retails for $10 and Just Passing Through is featured in Modern Quilts Illustrated #4 and retails for $14.
Sue is offering the patterns at a 25% discount for Guild members.
There are still a few spots available!
We are extremely excited to announce that Weeks Ringle will be coming to SDMQG to present her lecture “Transforming Traditions: Modernism and Quilts” on Sunday, October 14th, 2018 at noon. This lecture is free for dues-paying SDMQG members and $10 for guests.
Weeks will also teach a workshop on Improvisational Piecing, which she describes below, along with a materials list. The workshop will be held on Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 9am-4pm at Quilt in a Day, San Marcos.
Registration is now open for SDMQG members at a cost of $100:
- Register here.
- Pay using Venmo (@sdmodernquiltguild), PayPal (email@example.com), cash or check to any board member.
We will hold spots for those paying non-electronically only until Sunday, September 9th. After that, your spot will be given to the next person in line. We will be opening this workshop to people outside SDMQG, pending availability, on September 9th.
Learn different techniques for improvisational piecing and choose one to develop a new project. We’ll guide you through a strategy that will have you making design decisions as you go. Students can begin making ourCall Me Crazy or Just Passing Through quilt or a project of their choice if they already have something in mind. Our patterns and magazines all ship for free to US destinations, so please order in advance to make sure you have what you need for class.
- Student supplies needed: sewing machine, rotary cutting equipment, an assortment of cotton quilting fabric with different values and hues (small-scale prints, tone-on-tone prints and solids work well; avoid large-scale fabrics), extension cord, thread, seam ripper, notebook or journal, and any supplies you like to have handy when quilting.
- If students wish to make the Call Me Crazy quilt with their own fabrics, they will need 2 3/4 yards white or other field fabric, 2 1/2 yards total assorted blue (or other color) fabrics and 3/4 yards binding fabric.
- If students wish to make the Just Passing Through quilt with their own fabrics, they will need 3 3/4 yards solid field fabric and 1 1/2 yards contrasting solid fabric for the splicing and binding fabric.
- Facility equipment needed: tables and chairs for cutting and sewing
- Skill level: Adventurous beginner to advanced
We voted to amend our bylaws and include a VP of Geographic Outreach at our meeting yesterday. The person filling this position would be in charge of setting up social activities in regions of the county that are not where the guild meets for regular meetings (currently San Marcos). Cohni Corazon has expressed interest in being nominated to fill the position at our elections in October. Until then, the executive board has appointed her to the position.