We will be having our annual mini quilt swap at this year’s member holiday party on Sunday, December 6th. Sign ups will be open for this swap until Monday, October 19th, after which partner pairings will be made and then emailed out within the week.
Mini quilts for this swap should follow these guidelines:
- Quilts are not holiday specific, unless your partner indicates on their form that they would like something holiday themed.
- Minis should be no larger than 24″ on any side.
- The quilt can be any type of shape.
- Must be quilted and bound by the maker.
- Should have some sort of hanging method and label on the back.
Partners will be revealed at the holiday party during the swap, so please do not reveal who you are making for until that point. The minis also do not need to be wrapped, as we will hang them up for display during the party. If you are unable to make it to the holiday party, you are still able to participate in the swap – you will just need to contact your partner closer to the party date to swap on your own.
If you’re interested in signing up for the swap, please fill out this form: Mini Quilt Swap Sign Up.
If you’re in need of some inspiration, check out our Instagram page @sandiegomodernquiltguild. Here’s a sampling of the mini quilts from last year!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com