We just have a couple of quick announcements for our virtual/at home events that are happening this month:
Virtual Retreat – Since our usual June retreat at Vina de Lestonnac has been cancelled for this weekend, we thought we’d have a virtual Zoom retreat instead. The Zoom link has been emailed out earlier this week from Jill to guild members. We will be virtually retreating on Saturday, June 6th from 10am-4pm. Feel free to join us the whole time, for an hour, or pop in and out as necessary.
We will be having a few events throughout the day as well as some raffles.
- Ongoing throughout the day will be our current charity group quilt project for Just In Time: My First Home Project. More details about those blocks can be found here: JIT Improv Triangles
- At 10:30, Sue will be demonstrating her Make It/Take It project – Origami Take Along Bag. Instructions as well as a supply list have been emailed out to guild members.
- At noon, Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts will be joining us to talk about her new block of the month quilt – Nebula. The link goes to her Instagram page where you can see more of this quilt!
If you didn’t receive that email, please check your spam/junk/promotions in case it got sent somewhere else first and then email Jill to touch base if you still did not receive it.
June Zoom Meeting – We will be having our regularly scheduled June meeting at 11:00am on Sunday, June 14th virtually on Zoom. An email to members will go out within the next couple of days with a link to the meeting. We will be having our usual virtual Show and Tell and instructions on how to submit your photos will be forthcoming as well.
Stitching Together QAL – Sue has put together a weekly QAL that anyone can join in on at any point. Week 3 of 5 has been posted this week and you can check out all the QAL posts here: Stitching Together QAL
The QAL will be covering these different topics:
- English Paper Piecing (EPP)
- Organic Machine Quilting with a Walking Foot
- Big Stitch Hand Quilting
- Hand Applique
- Bias Binding
Opportunity Quilt – The board has decided that we would like to collect money as a guild to donate to the San Diego Food Bank. The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank and North County Food Bank Chapter are currently providing food assistance and resources to 350,000 of our neighbors! To encourage even more charitable giving, we will be giving one lucky donor our QuiltCon 2019 charity quilt (the miniature piecing!) For every $10 donation you make through our guild your name will be entered in a drawing. Of course, no donation is necessary to win. If you would like to be entered in to the drawing without making a donation please email [email protected]. You can Venmo your donation to @sdmodernquiltguild (and note that it is a donation for the Food Bank) or send a check made payable to “San Diego Modern Quilt Guild”. Information about how to mail in your check was included in the Retreat Zoom email or email Jill to get that information.