Hi everyone! Hope this update finds you all healthy and sewing if you’re able to do so! Things are constantly changing, as I’m sure you’re well aware, so here’s a few updates from the guild:
- The April meeting is cancelled. We really wish we could meet up, but as Social Distancing/Shelter in Place is in effect, we can’t make that happen. Quilt in a Day has also cancelled all of their classroom events through April 17th (as of 3/29/2020), so that also effects the decisions we’re making.
- We may not be able to meet in person this month, but member Carolina Moore has offered to host a virtual meeting on her YouTube page on Sunday, April 5th at 11:00am – so, we will still be able to “meet” at the same time. Here’s the info from her post on the SDMQG Facebook group:
I’ll do a little intro, maybe a demo (let me know if you have any requests) and then my favorite part of the meeting … show and tell!! Which is where you come in! Can you send me pictures of your quilts/bags/projects that you would have shared at the meeting? Include your name, your Instagram handle if you have one, website if you have one of those, and any details about the quilt … the pattern you used, the fabric, and the story behind it. I’ll share all of that during the live so we can all continue to be inspired by this amazing group! Email them by Saturday April 4th at noon (need to make sure I have myself all organized) to email@example.com with “San Diego MQG” in the subject line, please. Oh – and you’ll be able to join along! You will all be able chat with each other in the comments section during the live!! So it will be *almost* like a real meeting!
Here’s the link to her YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftMoore
If we receive a specific link to the YouTube live stream, it will be posted here, otherwise there should be a stream up on that page at 11:00am this coming Sunday.
- We had also planned for a charity sew-in on Saturday, April 18th, but we will be rescheduling that for later in the year. Instead, we will be having a virtual charity sewing day instead. We will have a post up here and on our Instagram page as well with some more info once we get a bit closer to the 18th.
- Progressive Swap – If you’re in the swap, hang onto the boxes you have and we will swap them at the June meeting (as we don’t have a May meeting)
- If you’re on Facebook and in the SDMQG group, we’ve been having some fun discussions about quilts and quilting, so be sure to check those out!