We will be having a Scout Tee class, led by guild member Kristyn Jansen on Saturday, March 16, 2019. The class will be held at Quilt in a Day from 9:30am-3:30pm. The cost of this class is $25 and lunch is not included.
The Scout is a woven t-shirt with capped sleeves and scoop neck. Fitted at the shoulders, this top falls into a loose shape below the bust.
This class will teach you foundational elements of garment sewing such as reading a garment pattern and selecting the correct size, setting in a sleeve, hemming, and bias binding.
- Scout Tee pattern – either in an assembled PDF or paper pattern
- Light to medium light weight fabrics such as cotton, silk, lawn, voile, charmeuse, crepe de chine or wool crepe. Extra fabric needed to match plaids, stripes or one-way design fabrics.
- You will need between 1 2/3 and 1 7/8 yards depending on your size – see the size chart here for more information
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing Machine
- Fabric Scissors or Rotary Cutter
- Pins or Clips
- Seam Gauge
- Marking Tool or Pen
At this time, we are accepting registration from dues-paying SDMQG members. If there are still spots available, we will open the class up to the entire quilting community.
To sign up for the class:
- Register for the Scout Tee class.
- Make your $25 payment in full. Payment information will be available on the confirmation page after you have submitted your registration form.